Sunday, May 18, 2008

Kin 710 Article Reflections

After reading three different articles regarding social networking, emerging technologies and web 2.0, I sat in amazement for a while thinking how far technology has come. I realized that I was growing accustomed to the all the current updates as they came but not realizing that things were changing. The only thing that I worried myself with was how fast my Internet connection was. I really enjoyed reading about all the changes that has happened in the past few years.

Web 2.0 is interesting. I didn't even know that it existed. I like how libraries are trying to attract teens to use the library services. The library using gaming systems is something that has to grow on me but the use of the other services of getting teens in and getting their input through service creation in evaluation is an awesome tool and life lesson teens will receive.

The article on emerging technologies was interesting to me. I had no idea what RSS stood for or meant, what wikis are and the many uses of blogs. I would have never thought that a library would use a blog but reading about the many things that could be put on a blog for the library made since to me. It makes it easier to keep their home website clean and concise but gives your the opportunity to find answers to questions that really don't need to be advertised on a library's main homepage. I thought the idea was great.

No comments: